PRO SOCCER NEWS AND RESOURCES FROM Missouri AND BEYOND
- With the opening of its 2024 season, Major League Soccer joins the bevy of free, live sports available for all to view. No strings, no sign-ups, just … – MLS
- Inter Miami CF (1W-0L-1D- 4 points) earned a point in a hard-fought 1-1 draw against Los Angeles Galaxy in the team's first road game of the 2024 MLS … – MLS Inter Miami CF
- NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nashville SC opened its 2024 Major League Soccer season on Sunday with a 0-0 draw against the New York Red Bulls in front of a sel… – MLS Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati and Toronto FC ended in a draw, 0-0, Sunday afternoon in the 2024 MLS Regular Season opener. A crowd of 25,513 attended the match, the 2… – MLS FC Cincinnati
- FC CINCINNATI (0) – TORONTO FC (0) POSTGAME SUMMARYMISCONDUCT SUMMARYTOR – Jonathan Osorio 2' (caution)TOR – Raoul Petretta 34' (caution)… – MLS Toronto FC
- LOS ANGELES – Playing in the 2024 MLS Regular Season Home Opener, the LA Galaxy play host to Inter Miami CF at Dignity Health Sports Park tonight, Su… – MLS LA Galaxy
- In front of a sold out crowd of 25,513 on Sunday afternoon, The Orange and Blue started their quest to repeat as Supporters' Shield winners after unve… – MLS FC Cincinnati
- ST. LOUIS, Missouri – Riding an historic 100th professional goal from FW Chicho Arango – assisted in his debut by newcomer Matt Crooks – twenty minute… – MLS Real Salt Lake
- New York City FC suffered defeat against Charlotte FC on Saturday.A single goal handed Charlotte a 1-0 win.Here are Five Points from the game…. – MLS New York City FC
- New York Red Bulls Add NYRB II Midfielder Mohammed Sofo on Short-Term Loan Agreement Ahead of 2024 Season OpenerHARRISON, N.J. – The New York Red Bulls have added NYRB II midfielder Mohammed Sofo on a short-term loan agreement ahead of New York's 2024 season op… – MLS New York Red Bulls
- Below is a selection of the notable performances and moments from the 11 matches played thus far on the opening weekend of the 2024 MLS season.Ope… – MLS
- HOUSTON – Houston Dynamo FC earned a 1-1 draw versus Sporting Kanas City to open the regular season at Shell Energy Stadium tonight.Kansas City to… – MLS Houston Dynamo FC
- The Colorado Rapids fell to the Portland Timbers to open the 2024 season on Saturday night, playing to a 4-1 result at Providence Park. Seven Colorado… – MLS Colorado Rapids
- PORTLAND, Ore. – The Portland Timbers downed the Colorado Rapids with a decisive 4-1 victory in their 2024 MLS season opener at Providence Park on Sat… – MLS Portland Timbers
- AUSTIN, Texas — Minnesota United started the 2024 MLS Regular Season with a hard-earned victory on the road against Austin FC at Q2 Stadium thanks to… – MLS Minnesota United FC
- Africa: CAF Confederation CupAl Hilal 2 – 1 USM AlgerSuperSport United 1 – 1 Modern FutureAbu Salim 1 – 2 ZamalekSOAR Coyah 0 – 0 Sagrada EsperançaAcadémica do Lobito 2 – 3 Rivers UnitedDreams 1 – 0 Club AfricainSekhukhune United 0 – 0 RSB BerkaneStade Malien Bamako 1 – 0 Diables NoirsAlbania: SuperligaEgnatia Rrogozhinë 0 – 0 Teuta DurrësSkënderbeu Korçë 1 – 0 Partizani TiranaKukësi 1 – 2 Erzeni ShijakAngola: Girabola1º de Agosto 1 – 0 União de MalanjeArgentina: Prim B MetroDeportivo Merlo 2 – 1 Argentino MerloUAI Urquiza 0 – 3 ColegialesRacing Córdoba 1 – 1 Tristán SuárezAlvarado 1 […]
- Africa: CAF Champions LeagueTP Mazembe 3 – 0 PyramidsGalaxy 0 – 1 Wydad CasablancaEtoile du Sahel 0 – 2 ES TunisYoung Africans 4 – 0 BelouizdadAlgeria: Ligue 1Kabylie 0 – 0 KhenchelaMC Oran 2 – 1 US SoufCS Constantine 3 – 1 ASO ChlefEl Bayadh 0 – 0 MC AlgerArgentina: Prim B MetroMidland 0 – 3 Argentino QuilmesCañuelas 2 – 1 ComunicacionesExcursionistas 1 – 0 Villa San CarlosAcassuso 0 – 2 FlandriaDeportivo Maipú 0 – 2 San Martín San JuanDefensores Unidos 0 – 0 Mitre Santiago d. EsteroDeportivo Madryn 0 – 0 Gimnasia y TiroDefensores de Belgrano 0 – 0 […]
- Africa: CAF Champions LeagueAl Hilal Omdurman 0 – 0 Petro de LuandaMedeama 0 – 1 Al AhlyAlgeria: Ligue 1US Biskra 0 – 1 NC MagraBen Aknoun 2 – 0 SaouraAngola: GirabolaKabuscorp 4 – 0 Recreativo do LiboloArgentina: Prim B NacionalTalleres Remedios 0 – 1 Estudiantes CaserosArmenia: Premier LeagueAlashkert 0 – 1 VanArarat-Armenia 3 – 1 PyunikAustralia: A-LeagueBrisbane Roar 2 – 2 Western UnitedSydney II 2 – 0 Manly UnitedGold Coast Knights 9 – 0 WolvesModbury Jets 2 – 3 Para Hills KnightsGreen Gully 4 – 1 Manningham United BluesMelbourne Knights 3 – 3 AvondaleAzerbaijan: Premyer LiqaKapaz 2 – 1 QəbələBangladesh: […]
- Messi scores late equalizer, Sergio Busquets and replacement referee struggle: LA Galaxy 1, Inter Miami 1The LA Galaxy were in control of the game for long stretches of Sunday night visit from Inter Miami, but a late sending off and a later goal from Lionel Messi resulted in a 1-1 draw. Miami’s depth in midfield was once again a concern, but all it took was a little bit of magic between Messi and Jordi Alba to rescue a result and avoid Miami’s first loss of the young season. Messi 🔗 Alba WHAT A GOAL! pic.twitter.com/LuYpsiAb2X — Major League Soccer (@MLS) February 26, 2024 And that’s why Inter Miami is considered one of the favorites in […]
- Even with Messi and other aging former Barcelona stars joining the ranks, MLS is getting younger
- A ruling by a European court has given some MLS owners revived hopes of leaving the U.S. Open Cup
- Federico is a different player to his father, Argentina legend Fernando, but they share some similarities on the pitch
- The Athletic has obtained the list of referee assignments for this weekend’s Major League Soccer games, which includes officials with widely varying degrees of experience. While some have been involved extensively in matches in the second and third divisions of the U.S. Soccer pyramid, others are making the leap from the uppermost levels of youth soccer. Some of the assistant referees have largely worked college games. MLS has been forced to play games with replacement officials after the Professional Referees Organization (PRO) could not come to terms with the Professional Soccer…
- The new looks across MLS this season conjure up everything from the streets to the stars
- The World Cup-winning goalkeeper discusses a difficult last few months at Spurs, the club's lack of trophies, and his move to MLS with LAFC
- Manchester United assistant Eric Ramsay has agreed a deal to become the new head coach of Minnesota United, sources briefed on the deal tell The Athletic. Ramsay is expected to depart his role at United for Minnesota after the Premier League side’s fixture against rivals Manchester City on March 3. The Athletic reported on Monday that Minnesota was closing in on naming Ramsay their head coach, and though it has not been finalised yet, the deal is nearing completion. Minnesota kick off their 2024 MLS season on Saturday against Austin FC. They face reigning champions Columbus Crew on March…
- The designated players arriving in time for match week one and those who may not
- Argentina will play two friendlies in the United States in March after their planned games in China were cancelled due to Lionel Messi’s absence in Hong Kong. The 2022 World Cup winners will play El Salvador at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia on March 22, before facing Nigeria at the LA Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles on March 26. El Salvador replace the Ivory Coast, who Argentina was originally scheduled to play in one of the two friendlies. The two friendlies against Nigeria and Ivory Coast in China were cancelled this month after Messi failed to appear in an Inter […]
- Inter Miami put their disappointing preseason tour of Asia behind them with a 2-0 win over Real Salt Lake in their MLS regular-season opener Wednesday. Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez each provided an assist on the night. Suárez hobbled and battled for 90 minutes in his MLS debut. All eyes will be on Inter Miami this season with MLS Cup or bust expectations the only measure of success for the Fort Lauderdale-based club. With Messi now fully fit after an adductor injury limited his preseason action, Inter Miami was the aggressor in the first half. They dominated possession as a […]
- Garber took aim at the PSRA and criticism of MLS' attempt to limit its first-team involvement in the Open Cup
- Executive producer describes what it's like to capture Messi's life on film.
- Squabbles with China aside, Inter Miami's preparations to capitalize on Messi's arrival are now paying off
- Plus, the staff makes a few bold predictions.
- On the night that Luis Suarez made his MLS debut, Miami got goals from Robert Taylor and Diego Gomez to take their first win of the 2024 season
- After a new deal for referees failed to be reached, Inter Miami and Real Salt Lake will start the new season with stand-in officials
- Will Inter Miami make the postseason? Is this the year Thiago Almada breaks the MLS transfer record?
- Dest, Tillman and Pepi speak to The Athletic about their hopes for an unbeaten season at PSV – and featuring at the World Cup
- Former Leeds United head coach Jesse Marsch says he wants to manage in the Premier League again. The American has been without a job since being sacked as Leeds United head coach in February 2023. Despite being previously linked to Southampton and Leicester City, the 50-year-old has yet to take up a new managerial role since leaving Elland Road, but hopes to return to the top flight in the future. Speaking on Sky Sports, he said: “I love the Premier League and I love the power of what the league means globally, but honestly the true answer is I want […]
- Lionel Messi scored in the second minute of second-half injury time off a pass from Jordi Alba, and Miami managed a 1-1 draw with the Galaxy on Sunday night.
- Inter Miami CF brought the LA Galaxy to a 1-1 draw after Lionel Messi scored in 92'.
- Virgil van Dijk has headed Liverpool to a record-extending 10th English League Cup trophy by securing a 1-0 win against Chelsea at Wembley.
- LAFC faced off against the Seattle Sounders in their MLS season opener! Check out the top moments and highlights here!
- LAFC midfielder Mateusz Bogusz scored a phenomenal goal against the Seattle Sounders.
- Timothy Tillman scored in 45' that gave the LAFC a 1-0 lead over the Seattle Sounders.
- Stan Bowles, the maverick soccer player who made five appearances for England and was a widely admired star in the 1970s, has died.
- Seattle Sounders' Nathan slid for a difficult save against LAFC.
- Here are the odds for Lionel Messi and Inter Miami's match against the five-time MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy on Sunday.
- Jaedyn Shaw scored a brace in the first half of the United States women's national team's 4-0 win over Argentina on Friday in the second CONCACAF W Gold Cup group stage match.
- Jenni Hermoso and Aitana Bonmatí helped Spain beat Netherlands 3-0 in the Women's Nations League semifinals on Friday, a victory that secured the world champions a spot in the Paris Olympics.
- Inter Miami completed the signing of midfielder Federico Redondo to a four-year contract on Friday, with a club option for the 2028 season.
- Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United will take part in a summer series, called "Rivals in Red," with games in the U.S.
- Thomas Tuchel, who will leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season, doesn't think he's the "only problem" at the club.
- Here's everything you need to know about watching MLS games including streaming and how to watch free.
- After not being named to the initial Gold Cup roster, Alex Morgan and Becky Sauerbrunn contributed to the USWNT's 5-0 win over the Dominican Republic on Tuesday.
- As much as the 2024 MLS season — Lionel Messi’s first full campaign following his arrival midway through last year — is all about the GOAT, there are plenty of other storylines to follow.
- Real Madrid's Toni Kroos has agreed to play for Germany for the 2024 Euro Championship after a request from coach Julian Nagelsmann.
- Check out the complete list of English Premier League winners dating back to 1888.
- Check out the complete list of MLS Cups winners dating back to 1996.
“Unleashing the Roar: A Tale of MLS Soccer in Missouri”
Once upon a time in the heart of Missouri, a new chapter in soccer history was about to unfold. The year was 2023, and a group of passionate soccer enthusiasts came together with a dream – to bring Major League Soccer (MLS) to their beloved state. Among them were Sam, a charismatic entrepreneur, and Emma, a skilled coach with a vision for developing local talent.
With unwavering determination, Sam and Emma set out on a mission to prove that Missouri could become a thriving hub for soccer excellence. They faced numerous challenges, but their belief in the sport’s potential to unite the community never wavered.
Their first task was to rally support from the city and state officials. They organized town hall meetings, met with local businesses, and even took to the streets to inspire the public. The response was overwhelming, and the momentum began to build.
Next, they needed a home for their MLS team. After months of negotiations, they secured a deal to build a state-of-the-art soccer stadium right in the heart of the city. The stadium would be a symbol of Missouri’s commitment to soccer and a testament to its bright future in the sport.
As construction progressed, Sam and Emma scoured the globe for talent to build their team. They believed in a mix of experienced international players and promising local stars. Trials were held, and the best players from Missouri and beyond were selected to wear the team’s colors.
The day of the team’s inaugural game arrived, and the city was buzzing with excitement. Fans from all corners of the state flocked to the stadium, eagerly waiting for the historic kickoff. The atmosphere was electric, and a sense of unity spread through the crowd. It didn’t matter where people came from or what their backgrounds were; they were all united in their love for soccer and their state.
The moment arrived. The players took to the field, and the whistle blew. The team, known as the “Missouri Roar,” played with passion, heart, and determination. It was evident that they were not just playing for themselves but for the entire state behind them.
The first season was a rollercoaster ride of emotions. The Missouri Roar faced challenges and celebrated victories, but through it all, the fans remained loyal. They formed a bond with the players, singing chants, waving flags, and creating a unique soccer culture that captured the attention of the entire league.
As the years passed, the Missouri Roar became a formidable force in the MLS. They consistently made it to the playoffs, and the stadium was always packed with roaring fans. Local youth soccer academies flourished, producing talented players who dreamt of playing for their beloved team one day.
The team’s success wasn’t just limited to the pitch. They actively engaged in community projects, promoting soccer in schools and offering free coaching clinics to underprivileged children. The Missouri Roar became ambassadors of soccer, leaving a positive impact on the state beyond their victories.
With each passing season, the Roar’s legend grew. Their fierce rivalry with neighboring teams added drama and intensity to their games, making them must-watch events for soccer enthusiasts worldwide.
The tale of MLS soccer in Missouri became a symbol of passion, perseverance, and the power of community. It showed the world that soccer wasn’t just a sport but a catalyst for change and unity.
And so, as the sun set over the Missouri Roar’s stadium after yet another exhilarating match, the cheers of the fans echoed through the city. The journey had been long and challenging, but the dream had become a reality, and soccer had found a new home in the heart of Missouri.